Nature of grievance

Whoever is aggrieved by any order (order not interlocutory in nature) passed by a Magistrates Court, may challenge the said order by preferring a Revision Application before Sessions Court or the High Court or may prefer Section 482 Application before the concerned High Court.

In Summons triable cases, where the Magistrates has dismissed the complaint and acquittal of accused, due to absence of complainant on the date of hearing, the aggrieved Complainant may prefer Revision, saying that dismissal of Complaint is harsh / bad in law / against the interest of justice, and on other grounds stated hereinafter.

Whoever is aggrieved by any Order of any Criminal Court who are subordinate to High Court, may challenge such order by preferring Section 482 Application before High Court. Section 482 of CrPC, 1973, recognizes the inherent powers of the High Courts to make such orders as may be necessary to give effect to any order under this Code, or to prevent abuse of the process of any Court or otherwise to secure the ends of justice.