Nature of grievance

In Summons triable cases, where the Magistrate has dismissed the complaint and acquitted the accused, due to absence of complainant on the date of hearing, the aggrieved Complainant may prefer Revision, saying that dismissal of Complaint is harsh / bad in law / against the interest of justice, and on other grounds.

Whoever is aggrieved by any order (order not interlocutory in nature) passed by a Magistrates Court, may challenge the said order by preferring a Revision Application before Sessions Court or the High Court. The High Court or any Sessions Judge in their Revisional powers, may call for and examine the record of any proceeding before any inferior Criminal Court situate within its or his local jurisdiction, for the purpose of satisfying itself or himself as to the correctness, legality or propriety of any finding, sentence or order, recorded or passed, and as to the regularity of any proceedings of such inferior Court