Nature of grievance

Where any person is aggrieved by the fact that Magistrate Court has passed an order for Registration of FIR, on a patently frivolous complaint, such person may prefer Revision Application challenging said Order.

Whoever is aggrieved by any order (order not interlocutory in nature) passed by a Magistrates Court, may challenge the said order by preferring a Revision Application before Sessions Court or the High Court. The High Court or any Sessions Judge in their Revisional powers, may call for and examine the record of any proceeding before any inferior Criminal Court situate within its or his local jurisdiction, for the purpose of satisfying itself or himself as to the correctness, legality or propriety of any finding, sentence or order, recorded or passed, and as to the regularity of any proceedings of such inferior Court