Nature of grievance

Where Summons / Warrant have been issued against a person pursuant to a Criminal Complaint filed before the Magistrates Court, the said aggrieved / accused person may prefer an Application u/s 313(1)(a) of CrPC, 1973, before the same Magistrates Court, to show palpable infirmity in the purported evidences relied upon by the Complainant, on the basis of which, the Magistrates Court has issued summons / warrant u/s 204 of CrPC, 1973.

And therefore where the Application preferred before the Trial Court is rejected, Revision may be preferred.

Whoever is aggrieved by any order (order not interlocutory in nature) passed by a Magistrates Court, may challenge the said order by preferring a Revision Application before Sessions Court or the High Court. The High Court or any Sessions Judge in their Revisional powers, may call for and examine the record of any proceeding before any inferior Criminal Court situate within its or his local jurisdiction, for the purpose of satisfying itself or himself as to the correctness, legality or propriety of any finding, sentence or order, recorded or passed, and as to the regularity of any proceedings of such inferior Court