Nature of grievance

Whoever is aggrieved by any order (order not interlocutory in nature) passed by a Magistrates Court, may challenge the said order by preferring a Revision Application before Sessions Court or the High Court. The High Court or any Sessions Judge in their Revisional powers, may call for and examine the record of any proceeding before any inferior Criminal Court situate within its or his local jurisdiction, for the purpose of satisfying itself or himself as to the correctness, legality or propriety of any finding, sentence or order, recorded or passed, and as to the regularity of any proceedings of such inferior Court, and may, when calling for such record, direct that the execution of any sentence or order be suspended, and if the accused is in confinement, that he be released on bail or on his own bond pending the examination of the record. Where an Application u/s 156(3) filed before Magistrates Court for Registration of FIR and investigation, is rejected, the aggrieved person may prefer a Revision u/s 397 of CrPC, 1973