Nature of grievance

Where the Govt. / Administrative / Statutory authorities, under the law, have exacted money, by way of any kind of taxes or otherwise, and later on it was found that or it was held that the said exaction was unlawful or was without the authority of law.

Although money claims, ordinarily, must be made before conventional Civil Courts or by resorting to statutory remedy or through Arbitration if there is an Arbitration Agreement, Writ jurisdiction may be invoked in certain circumstances to recover the said money, from the concerned State instrumentality