Nature of grievance

Where any business entity or any other organization is indulging in such practice wherein it is abusing and misusing its dominant position in respect of any consumer goods or services, resulting in the exploitation / harassment of the consumer, a complaint may be preferred before the Competition Commission of India u/s 19 read with sections 18 and 4 of the Competition Act, 2002; or a Complaint may be made before Ministry of Consumer Affairs, requesting them to make a Reference to Competition Commission of India. The Central Government / State Government or a statutory authority is empowered u/s 19 of Competition Commission Act, 2002, to make a Reference to the Competition Commission to make an Inquiry into certain agreements and dominant position of any business entity