Nature of grievance

Where Police refuse to register the crime / offence / FIR, a written Complaint in the form of a Letter may be made to the concerned Judicial / Metropolitan Magistrate, and the Magistrate is empowered to take cognizance of the said letter complaint by virtue of section 190(c) of CrPC, 1973. However, the Magistrate concerned is at discretion to act or not to act on the said Letter Complaint